This month’s newsletter is a little intro about styling your wedding day. This is where my passion lies.
To download the PDF newsletter for ‘on the go’ reading, click here. It’s not long but it’ll give you something to read on your commute. Or you can sign up to the newsletter to recieve it directly into your inbox.
I love the fact that your wedding day can be styled exactly how you want and done so that it totally reflects you. What I really don’t like is when people say their wedding style is a colour, a shade of blue or Cadbury purple. How can picking a single colour define your style and reflect any part of your personality?!
Na ah, not under my watch, your wedding deserves better than that. I thought I’d share with you a recent table styling so you can see there is so much more to styling your wedding day.
WHITE ELEGANCE at Jervaulx Abbey
My favourite styling so far took place this month with The Alternatives photography workshop. Inspired by the Grecian hanging gardens of Babylon, and set in the beautiful setting of Jervaulx Abbey ruins, I wasn’t totally confident about the different white tones coming together if I’m being honest. My concern was that it would look too plain and lack colour and interest. However, the end result was elegant, modern and most of all, fresh.
The white tones layered together worked perfectly with the lush greenery from All Bunched Up which gave it more textured detail and colour. The gold cutlery and boxes added a beautifully warm metallic tone. Stationery from A Little Pigment, ribbons from Bertie and Fred and macaroons from Where the Ribbon Ends all added those little details I just adore on a wedding table. Those are the bits that make guests go ooooh and ahhh.
A NOTE FROM BYRON…
There’s a new company in town, Bow, Wow, Vow! They take care of dogs at weddings so you can bring your pooch along knowing they’re looked after during and after the vows. Because us dogs love a wedding too you know! Thank you Bow, Wow, Vow for making it possible to be part of our Human’s wedding day.
HOW TO FIND YOUR WEDDING STYLE?
Some key questions to help you define your wedding style…
- How do you imagine your wedding day? Relaxed, outside, romantic, quirky, fun, casual…
- What’s your personal style like? Clothes, home, accessories…
- Is there anything about you as a couple that makes you unique? You got engaged on the beach, you both love Star Wars…
- What is the venue like? This can often denote the style initially. Barn wedding – rustic. Castle Wedding – opulent, etc.
- Is there anything that must be included in your wedding that you’ve always thought you’d have when you got married?
- What makes you cringe or you absolutely hate? It’s always good to rule things out.
Lovely Suppliers ||
Couple: @lucielowex @olihughes1
Creative direction: @the_alternatives_ss